Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's 2:14 am right now. I have to be up at 7:30 to make it to class on time. Why, do you ask, am I awake?


I'm awake because I just finished the first homework-night of my sophomore year, and because my second wind has officially kicked in. Today I learned that my grandmother has been put on a ventilator. I talked to my roommate about the fact that she's medically withdrawing from school (unexpectedly) leaving me to find a replacement asap. I stayed at the college newspaper office from 7pm to 1:30am, and I read approximately 60 pages of British Literature and Christian History.

I can't say that a lot of this is positive. Some of it is real, undeniable bad news. But I can choose not to worry, and I can choose to stay positive, and work hard to do what I'm capable of. And that is why I'm awake at 2:14am.

0 comments: